Thursday, March 6, 2008

Upcoming Event

"To keep the body in good health is a duty....otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear"--Buddha

With my first strongman competition behind me, I now look forward to my next event April 5, in Fort Myers, Florida. The events will consist of deadlifts, duck walk, standing truck pull, clean and press, and farmer walk. My conditioning will be the same and I intend to train with the implements that will be in the contest. My goal is to take first place for this Strongman Competition. Currently, I don't know how many other female competitors there will be, but that doesn't matter. My program consists of training 3 times a week, performing 5 sets, at 5-8 repetitions using 2 implements per session. I supplement with a creatine, glutamine, and taurine mix, along with protein and a balanced diet. Every morning I wake up I start with a tall glass of water and quiet time. I allow this time for mediation and prayer. No matter what is going on in my life, I must have time with God. This combination makes for a peaceful and productive day. Take care of your body, mind, and spirit.

No comments: