Thursday, March 20, 2008

We've Got This One

The other day I was at the gym training for my strongman competition. I was in the middle of my deadlift sets when a guy approached the squat rack next to me and proceeded to load his weight. Once he completed his stack, he began to do shoulder shrugs, a wasted exercise in my opinion. Sure, it looks good to stack a bunch of weight on the barbell, but its really not all the impressive of an exercise. I was preparing for my next set of 10 reps with 225 lbs, when he decided to casually stroll by and offer his tips and advice. He first asked if I was doing this for fun or preparing for a competition. I told him I do it for both reasons. Then he told me something about being explosive and what I should do right before I start my set. Seriously dude, I'm 5'3'' and lifting 1 and 1/2 times my body weight, easily, do you really think I'm going to benefit from your 2 cents. Guys are underestimating us ladies. We know what we're doing in the gym, and if a male wants to offer suggestions, they better be damn good ones, sufficient enough to warrant interrupting my workout. Guys, the gym in not a meat market, don't try to pick up girls during our workouts, its annoying. Again, unless you truly having some meaningful input to offer, just let us finish our workouts. Come on guys, we've got this one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you tell 'em Ang !